Steve's China Blog

Monday, April 04, 2005

Boom!

Every once in awhile I hear a big boom in the night. I had no idea what it was, but I think I figured it out... popcorn! When the street vendors that sell popcorn here make popcorn they cook it in a sealed pot that is shaped like a little cannon and when it's done they attach a long net to end of the pot, and when it opens out shoots the popcorn into the net. BOOM!

Friday night a few of us from the office went to a new place to eat. It is similiar to a korean barbecue, and they even included korean on the menu, but it was a little different than when I was in Korea. Then again, I haven't been to Korea in twenty years, so things might be different now (or my memory isn't as good). The main course was a lot of different types of beef and that was good. The appetizer was dog meat, and I didn't care too much for that. The next day I had to work and my stomach wasn't feeling that great (I think it was the dog), but it felt better by the end of the day, so I went to Pizza Hut and had some pizza and a salad. That helped.

On Sunday I had Tai Chi in the morning and after class a friend took me to a cigarette store that sold Marlboro Lights for a $1 a pack. I bought a carton! The street where the store was had tons of both little stores and street vendors, and I had no idea where I was, but I remember the bus route numbers. I hope I'll be able to find that place again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home