Steve's China Blog

Monday, March 07, 2005

Tai Chi

My work schedule is changing since some of the people I will be working with are in the US. I'll be working from the early afternoon until late at night (Dalian time). I don't think it will take very long to get use to the new schedule since I'm barely use to the time change I've gone through already.

There's a group of employees here who have organized a club that gets together during off hours to do things like go hiking, play soccor, go bowling, etc... They started taking Tai Chi lessons and I decided to join them. Tai Chi is a martial art known for it's slow and fluid movements. Sunday was our first class, and I really liked it. I'm taking two classes every Sunday...Tai Chi Chuan (open hand forms) and Tai Chi sword. I've had some experience with Tai Chi Chuan, so I didn't have too much trouble keeping up in that class. The sword forms class is more difficult since most of the people in the class have a lot more experience with Tai Chi, so the class moves along at a quicker pace.

I mentioned in an earlier post about how dangerous the traffic seems here. After Tai Chi class I came back to my apartment and a pedestrian was hit by a van nearby. He was in pretty bad shape, and I've decided I'm going to be a lot more careful crossing the streets around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home