Steve's China Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2005

End of March

The end of March is here and hopefully the end of winter too. I've been told that Dalian is one of the prettiest cities in China and I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like when everything starts blooming. During the winter it's pretty much like any city... cold and gray. Laborers started trimming trees and planting new shrubs and flowers all over the city a few days ago.

I have to work on Saturday to support some batch programs that run on the 2nd of every month, so I get to take tomorrow off. I'm not sure what I'm going to do (besides my usual Saturday laundry). I might go get a haircut... That should be scary since my chinese is so poor. I also need to go to the bank and withdraw some money to pay rent. That's always an adventure since all of the forms are in chinese. The economy here is pretty much a cash economy. Not that many people, or even businesses, accept checks or credit cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home