Steve's China Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lots to do!

Most of my long support work week is done. Working 14 hours a day for 7 days straight is not as bad as I thought it would be, but the system I am supporting is pretty stable so we do not have a lot of problems to deal with. The hardest part is staying awake after lunch. Luckily the weather has finally turned nice in Dalian, and I do get a chance to get out of the office and take a little walk every once in awhile.

One of the things about working so early is that I seem to want breakfast. I don't usually eat much of a breakfast... most days it's a handful of granola and some orange juice, but now I started going to the cafeteria in our office building for a Chinese breakfast, and it's pretty good. Today they had some thing that was a little like bread filled with curried bacon and vegetables. Yum!

The May holiday is almost here, and I need to start getting ready for that. On Tuesday I will be flying to Shenzhen to visit Phyllis. I also found out that Jackie will be there that day to attend a friend's wedding, so I get to see two of my best friends in China there that day! Here is the current plan for the rest of the May holiday... On Wednesday Phyllis and I will take a 10 hour bus ride to Yangshuo and visit there for a few days (Yeah, 10 hours on a Chinese bus will be an interesting experience... not sure what I was thinking when I agreed to that). On May 5th we'll head back to Shenzhen and the next day we'll take a ship to Macau for a day. Then I fly back to Dalian on May 7th.

I found out this week that there is a project in ChengDu that wants me and they want me to start on or before June 1st, so it looks like I will be going to ChengDu soon! Now I just have to finish up my current project and figure out my relocation plans and all of that. Lots to do! Lots to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home