Steve's China Blog

Monday, April 16, 2007

Super Bowl Party ver 1.0

Saturday night I invited a few friends over to watch the Super Bowl that I have on DVD. It was only about a third of the people that I wanted to invite, so I will probably do some more Super Bowl parties. The turnout was pretty international... We had a four Americans, seven Chinese (plus two children), someone from Holland, someone from France, and someone from Japan.

The menu was typical football game fare... pizza, chili, and snacks. I wanted to serve chips and salsa, but could not find corn chips anywhere that day. I went to four different markets that sometimes carry them, but all were out. We had to settle for pretzels and salsa, which didn't really work.

Here are Dave, Kaoruko, David (behind Kaoruko), Nellie, Rob, and Ivy chatting and snacking before the game starts...



Dave and Cici watching the game and Kaoruko, Nellie, Jasmine, and Maggie loading up on pizza...



Sander, Florien (behind Sander), Sean, and Rob chatting, drinking beer, and watching the game...



Kaoruko and I...



I think everyone had a good time. I spent most of the time making sure everyone had enough food and drink. Kaoruko was a big help! Only the Americans and one of the Chinese had ever seen the game played before. Special thanks to Dave for helping to explain the rules of football to the others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home