Steve's China Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

In a funk

This last Satruday was nice. I met a friend named Laura for lunch and we went shopping afterwards and visited a garden park here in Dalian. The park should be very nice next month when everything starts blooming, but right now there was not a lot to see. The thing I liked about it was that it was quiet. Trying to find some place nice and quiet in this city is difficult at times. Saturday night I joined Cindy and Jessie at the Tin Whistle pub for Saint Patrick's Day. It was a lot of fun, but the pub was rather loud and smokey.

On Sunday I just hanged around the apartment... napped, watched a DVD, and played a little on the computer. A lot of the time though I spent thinking about my life here. I have really enjoyed myself here most of the time, but I have been in a funk the last few months that I can't seem to shake. I am not real happy with my current work assignment and not real happy I am still in Dalian. My friend Phyllis moved to Shenzhen, Jackie has moved to Beijing, other friends have moved to ChengDu already, and I miss them a lot. I don't really see any reason to stay.

Last night I was not feeling well, and today I am working from home since I still feel ill. I have too much to do, but hopefully I'll find the time to figure out what I want to do about my future here. Too many opportunities and not enough time to think about them all clearly. I'm sure things will work out in time.

1 Comments:

  • Chin Up Bud. Come Home for Renn Faire and all is right with the world.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home