Steve's China Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Long weekend before a long week

On Friday night I took a friend of mine named Ally out to dinner at Paulaners, and then afterwards she took me to JDs for some dancing. We ended up dancing until about 1:30 in the morning. The next day I was suppose to go to a picnic, but I was kind of tired after dancing all night and the weather seemed a little cold for a picnic, so I stayed home during the day and relaxed.

On Saturday night I was going to take Jessie to a party that some Japanese ladies from Dell had told me about, but we could not find the party. We ended up going to Noah's Bar. We ate pizza and watched a band play there. Jessie wore some nice high heeled shoes that I had not seen her in before. She thought they were too high (she's tall), but I told her I thought they looked great on her. You decide...



Noah's Bar is underground and it seemed really cold there after awhile, so we left there to go to my place. We ended up watching a Korean TV show that is sort of like the dating game, but you have five or six men and five or six ladies playing. It was pretty funny. Jesse had to go home early, so it turned out to be an early night. Sunday was spent playing on the computer and watching Poirot.

I had Monday off but I had to go to a meeting around lunch time, so I had lunch with some co-workers and then went to the meeting. After the meeting I left the office and went to the bank. If you've been reading my blog for awhile you know how much I hate dealing with the banks here. The branch of Bank of China that I regularly go to use to be run by a lady named Shuang, and she was really great. She got promoted a few months ago and no longer works at the branch I go to, so the service there is not so good any more.

I had two things to do at the bank... exchange some currency in my account, and pay my Visa card bill. I could do the currency exchange I needed to do, but the bank would not let me pay my visa bill there. When I told the lady there who could speak a little English that I had been paying my Visa bill there for over a year, she said maybe there was a change to what they could do, and I told her maybe it was because they were lazy and did not want to do their job... a frequent problem here. Anyways, I had to go to another branch to pay my Visa bill. A frustrating waste of two hours.

I had yesterday off since I am going to be working a long week this week. Also the long week I am working ends when the May holiday begins, so I get two extra days off at the end of the holiday. I am looking forward to the long holiday and the chance to visit Phyllis in Shenzhen. We are planning on visiting Yangshuo for a few days and a day in Macau.

3 Comments:

  • You've endless dinners with women... quite the ladies man ;-)

    PS: Thanks for the chili recipe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 PM  

  • Hey Ryan! Saw the honeymoon pics! Wow! :)

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 6:16 PM  

  • BAR,dinner with girls,dancing,watching band live show.
    how cozy your life is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home