Steve's China Blog

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cool weekend

Not too much has been going on lately. The weather is starting to cool down some. I think I will need to unpack my sweaters soon. The nice thing about living someplace with a very cold winter is that you generally have cool summers.

On Friday night I attended a dinner meeting with the bosses and some co-workers. We went to a really good Chinese place that specializes in seafood. Although we spent most of the time talking about business and work it was a very enjoyable dinner. On Saturday I just loafed around the apartment, and played around on the computer.

I went to some friend's apartment-warming party on Sunday. It was a lot of fun, but most of the conversations were in Chinese and although I could figure out a little of what was being said I still did not understand all of it. Their new apartment is very nice and has a wonderful view from the 29th floor. We also went up on the roof and the view there was very nice! I wish I had taken my camera.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Steve. I just got here, so I don't know if this weather usually lasts, but this is just about perfect.
    Is this what fall is usually like in Dalian?

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:36 PM  

  • Welcome to Dalian Chris! As far as I know this is pretty normal for Dalian. It will start getting pretty cold in November though and the winter here is very cold and windy.

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home