Steve's China Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

ISO....

The other day my boss asked if I knew of anyone in the U.S. who would like to work for IBM China, and I could not think of anyone offhand. I have contacted a few people I know since then, and figured what the heck... I'll post a message here for work.

If you know of anyone that would like to work for IBM China please have them contact me. We are mostly looking for people with some IT background with good English and/or Japanese language skills. They do not have to speak Chinese, but that would be a plus. I would also recommend a sense of humor and a sense of adventure, but those are not required. ;)

Most of the work we do here in Dalian is either mainframe or web based technologies, so we're always looking for mainframe programmers, web developers, Lotus Notes developers, Java programmers, and sometimes project managers. We could also use people who have technical skills that are in short supply here in China, such as SAS. Our offices in Beijing, Shanghai, etc... are also looking for project/program managers as well as marketing folks.

If you've been reading the blog you have an idea of what it is like here in Dalian. If not, Dalian is a modern Chinese city. The salaries and standard of living are not as high as in the U.S., but the cost of living is about one-eighth of the Washington D.C. area... in other words, you won't make as much as you would in the U.S., but there is not much to spend money on here so you'll save a lot! The winters can be a bit cold, but the rest of the year is pleasant. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me via email (zharahk@comcast.net).

2 Comments:

  • in my experience any job that needs a sense of humour never gives you a chance to use it!

    By Blogger Amanda, at 3:21 PM  

  • In my experience all jobs require some sense of humor. ;)

    Actually, I was referring to living in China. Most things here are pretty funny, but a sense of humor helps with the rest.

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home