Steve's China Blog

Monday, May 22, 2006

Bowling and the Doctor

This last weekend was pretty nice. On Saturday morning I went bowling with some co-workers. I have not gone bowling in about a dozen years so I didn't bowl so well, but it was still fun. After bowling I spent the rest of the day playing a computer game and watching some episodes of a new BBC series called Doctor Who that I found on DVD here. Doctor Who use to be a sci-fi series on British TV back in the 60's and 70's. The acting wasn't very good, the effects and costumes were terrible, but the stories were pretty good. The new series has some good acting, good effects, and the stories are ok.

On Sunday I played around on the computer, studied my Chinese some, and just hung out relaxing. Sunday night I went out to dinner with Yukiko to a Korean BBQ place here that she wanted to try. It was pretty good. Afterwards we came back to my place for dessert (ice cream with strawberries) and to watch the first episode of Doctor Who since she's never seen the show before. I think she liked it, so hopefully she'll want to come over again to watch more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home