Steve's China Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Mmmm... doughnuts

They opened a little coffee cafe/bakery in my office building last week. It's pretty nice. They do not have a huge selection of baked goods yet, but I imagine they will soon since they have display cases that need to be filled. So far I have tried a grape muffin, a red bean muffin and a sugar doughnut. All were pretty good, and only 3 Yuan each. I will definitely need to start going to the gym if I go to this place for breakfast all of the time. Next week they are going to be opening a little pasta restaurant here too. Ok, ok... I'll go sign up for the gym tomorrow!

I am surprised it took so long for them to open some businesses like these here in our office building. The building opened a year ago. It is a pretty nice office building. The only thing I really don't like about it is that people here open the windows all of the time. This means the air quality in the building is not very good (because of the air pollution) and we will start having bugs flying around soon. The people here just don't seem to understand (or believe) that the air quality will get better if they keep all of the windows closed and let the air-conditioner/heater filters work. Last summer they sent out an email telling people not to open the windows, but no one cared. Not sure what they would do if I snuck in here in the middle of the night and super-glued all of the windows shut. Hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home