Steve's China Blog

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

May Holiday

The May holiday is finally here, and I get to have some time away from work. I was thinking of doing a little travelling, but decided to just hang out and relax, besides it's a busy travel season here and I don't feel like dealing with the crowds. Luckily there are lots of things I want to do during the holiday here in Dalian; such as studying my Chinese, play on my computer, shopping, etc... Today I might go buy a camcorder and wander about Dalian filming what it's like here.

After the holidays I am starting on a new project at work and will be working from 9:00am to 6:00pm. Yeah! There's a small fitness center in out office building which I have never had time to go to before. With the new schedule I'll be able to go there now. This winter has left me feeling flabby and tired, so I am looking forward to being able to get back into a good workout routine.

I mentioned in a past post about having trouble finding picture hangers here. I had a friend who came over from the U.S. bring me some, and now I have a new problem... the walls of my apartment are actually just concrete that have been painted over, so I can't hammer the nails into it easily. I tried some of the adhesive hangers, but they did not hold. I might have to try some bigger ones (with more adhesive) or do something drastic like buying a drill to drill nails holes into the concrete. Nothing ever seems easy here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home