Steve's China Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Shopping and dinner

I will not be posting too much for awhile because the next few weeks are going to be pretty busy, since I am trying to get two projects finished up by the end of April. After the May holiday I am starting on a new project that looks like it's going to be interesting. It currently has team members in the U.S. and in India, and I'll be the first person on it working from China.

On Sunday I took a break from work and went shopping with two friends from Japan. They are a lot of fun, and I love spending time with them. We went to a store here called Metro, which is owned by a German company (I think) and is sort of like Costco in the States. I bought a bunch of gear for the kitchen, and they also have an ok selection of western products so I bought a bunch of stuff to make pasta and chili. After shopping we went out to find a place to eat. Our first choice was a little Muslim restaurant near my office that Yukiko and Kaoruko had never been to but wanted to try. We got there kind of late and they were out of food, so we went to a place next door. We had some beef and potato soup, duck, dumplings, and some mixed veggies. It was very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home