Steve's China Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Moved... sorta

Moved all of my stuff to the new apartment this morning, but I have not had a chance yet to unpack. I am planning to go back to the old apartment and clean that before I have to go to work tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to start unpacking my stuff tomorrow night after work. No time to unpack tonight... very late meeting (blah). I'll try to post pictures after everything is unpacked and I'm settled in some.

I found two interesting articles about China that you all might enjoy. One is about censorship, piracy (DVDs and such... not ships), and property rights (found here). Property rights is something rather new here (as well as private ownerhip of property) and a lot of people here (especially the government) have no regard for other people's property. It's kind of strange to be in a place that is evolving into a market/ownership society and yet so many are stuck in a communal society mindset.

The second article is about some people who use to be very high up in the Chinese goverment who have come out against censorship and propaganda (found here). This really surprised me, especially considering who (and what) these people use to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home