Steve's China Blog

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Nice holiday

This week has been very nice and relaxing. I've decided to wait a few weeks to do my taxes since I do not want to spoil my week off. Last night I went out to dinner with three beautiful ladies from Japan. We went to a Sichuan place and had a nice variety of spicy Chinese food, and then afterwards we went to an American place called I-55 Coffee Shop for coffee and cheesecake. I really enjoyed hearing them speak in Japanese too since not only do they have lovely voices, but all I hear most of the time here is Chinese or English. They are all very nice and I hope to see them again soon.

Today I went and did a little shopping, but all I bought was a pair of sunglasses that I found on sale, and some new DVDs. I found the premiere and second season of Battlestar Galactica on DVD, but I have not been able to find season one yet. I am hoping to find that before I watch season two since I only saw the first few episodes when I was in the U.S. I also found the new Harry Potter movie on DVD as well as a few others. My DVD collection is getting pretty large.

2 Comments:

  • I see you have garnered some friends. So have you decided on the new digs yet?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 AM  

  • I am now leaning toward the apartment in YiPin Xinghai, but will wait until after the holiday to see what kind of deal I can work out. My plan is to rent one of these and save up some more money for a downpayment on another place to buy and rent out. I think property values here will go up for awhile, so maybe I can become a real estate tycoon here. ;)

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home