Steve's China Blog

Monday, February 06, 2006

End of my holiday

I had the pleasure of spending Friday with one of the ladies that I mentioned in the previous post. She is visiting from Japan and her friends had to work, so we had lunch at a nice Chinese place and then went to do some sightseeing here in Dalian. The first place we visited was the aquarium. The aquarium here has two parts... the Ocean part and the Polar part. The Ocean part was pretty nice. They had a 100 meter long transparent tunnel that winds its way through a big section so it is like moving along the bottom of the sea with fish of all types swimming around you. They also had a dolphin show that was kind of fun. The Polar part of the aquarium wasn't that impressive. They had a polar bear and some penguins, so there wasn't a whole lot to see.

After visiting the aquarium we went to have tea. It was so cold that day that hot tea was wonderful. We had Jasmine tea and Saitay Flower tea, as well as some fruit. We spent a few hours drinking tea, eating fruit, and talking. It was really nice, but the place we were at had trouble with their heating and it was so cold outside that we eventually had to put on our coats. We didn't stay too much longer after that since the ladies were going to Harbin on an overnight train for a snow festival there.

Saturday I went to a co-worker's home for a house-warming party. We had snacks and talked, and then had a wonderful lunch. After lunch some people played cards and others watched TV. It was pretty nice even though I did not understand most of the conversations, or the card game being played. On Sunday I had to work, and this morning (Monday) I was woken early for a support call and had to fix a problem with a program. It's now about 8:00am and I found a station that has the Super Bowl on TV, so I'm watching that and listening to the game via NFL's website. I have three meetings today, and I just noticed that it's snowing. I think it's going to be a long day.

1 Comments:

  • We loved the Steeler win here in Pittsburgh. My first graders are amazing with their knowledge and interest in the game. I have been using the Steelers to do a lot of teaching for the last couple of weeks. I can't imagine watching the game with Chinese play-by-play. I think the NFL website would have been helpful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home