Steve's China Blog

Monday, February 20, 2006

Yi Pin Xinghai

I finally got most of my stuff unpacked at the new apartment this weekend and took some pictures. This first picture is the view of my apartment building (the wide one on the left) from where I catch the bus to work. It's a bit hazy/smoggy today.



Below is a picture of the entrance to my apartment (middle door). The dining room area is to the left and the door leading into the kitchen is on the right. The peice of furniture between the two doors has a cabinet on the bottom where you can store shoes and slippers. You don't wear street shoes inside (because of the dirt), and that's why you see the welcome mat inside.



This picture (below) is taken from the doorway leading into the kitchen. This one has a real stove and oven... Yeah! There's also a hotplate between the stove and the fridge. You find those in just about all Chinese kitchens. And, yes... those are Danish cookies on the counter! ;)



The kitchen goes around and leads to a small balcony. I need to plug in that microwave and then figure out how to program it (no English on it).



This is the dining room area (below). I am going to move that water filter/cooler. I have not decided where to yet. The door on the left leads to my office.



The office was originally a bedroom, but I asked the landlord if he could move the bedroom stuff out and put in a office desk and chair, and he did not mind. The landlords are pretty good here about providing furniture you need. I was expecting some Ikea-like junk, but I am very happy with the office furniture they provided. The sofa is also a sleeper which is nice if I have guests stay over. Also in this room to the left (outside of the picture) is a big bookcase and another small balcony like in the kitchen.



This is the living room. I need to get some pictures for the walls. It took me awhile to figure out how to use the TV/Cable/DVD since all of the manuals and remote controls are in Chinese, but they all work great.



The below picture is of the bedroom. It's pretty spacious, has a rather large bed (for China anyways), and a huge closet on the right. The bed is so big that there is not really any room for a nightstand on the side. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that yet.



This is the bathroom. It's not very big, but twice as large as my last one. There's a washer next to the sink on the right.



This is a view out of my bedroom window. Xinghai Square is on the left and the sea is on the right. Yeah, it's still a little hazy/smoggy today. That big soccor ball is actually a hot air balloon, and I think you can go up in that. Notice the big holes in the ground with all of the construction equipment at the bottom of the picture... that's where the new high-rise buildings are going in, so I'll be losing my view in a couple of months.



That's about it for the apartment. The whole complex is brand new and I am the first person to live in my apartment. All of the appliances are new and it seems pretty sound proof too. I am really pleased with it.

4 Comments:

  • Pretty darn nice set up there. What did you mean by a real stove and oven? Nice shot of EQ in the background, Lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 AM  

  • The kitchen in my last apartment did not have any stove tops or oven. It was just a countertop with a sink, hotplate, and steamer. The new one is much nicer. :)

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 9:19 AM  

  • mind if i ask how much your rent is there? i'm guessing over 2K RMB?

    By Blogger Dezza, at 1:53 PM  

  • This one is 4K RMB. Real Estate prices have been going up fast since you were last in Dalian! :)

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home