Steve's China Blog

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Need a weekend

I'm still trying to get use to this new schedule. Today I woke up too early and couldn't get back to sleep so I'm feeling very tired. I hope I can get use to it quickly. I actually like the late-late schedule as opposed to the late schedule, since I have more time during the day to run around and do errands and such. If I can get use to this then maybe I can do it all of the time instead of switching off and on every other week. The only thing I don't like about the late-late shift is that they turn off the A/C at night in the office to save electricity. Then other people open the windows and all the dirty air and bugs come in.

Yesterday I went to lunch and then walked around an area called Heishijiao where there are a lot of street vendors selling all kinds of things. I stopped into one place that sells CDs and DVDs. Most of it's pirated, and they have a lot of movies that are still in theatres back in the US out on DVD here. One of the funny things is that they just grab pretty much any description of the movies off of the internet for the packaging, and since the pirates can't read english you get some funny descriptions. I saw one that had as a description a bad review of the movie taken off of some message board, such as: "The plot is very stupid and unreal...".

Our monthly billing programs that we support are almost finished running, and the weekend is almost here. I need a weekend. I want some time to get away from work and study my chinese, and hopefully I'll get a chance to get out of the city for some fresh air and some quiet too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home