Steve's China Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Festivities

We had a big ceremony for the opening of our new office building today. They setup a big stage out in front of the building and put up banners and flowers all over the place, and up and down the street. They had important speakers, a chinese drum band, chinese dancers, and even fireworks! Fireworks during the day aren't as spectacular to see, but they're still very loud. I missed most of it, and was just arriving at the office when they we're finishing the festivities. These late work schedules suck. I got home from work the night before at around 11:30 and got called up to help fix a program at around midnight. Worked on that all day from home, and then headed into the office at around 2:00 this afternoon. I can't wait for the weekend.

This weekend we're suppose to go some resort about an hour outside of Dalian. We get to play some golf, go hiking and/or play a little paintball. Quite a combo. It should be a great time! Most of us are staying overnight at some of the hotels there. Plans are for Kareoke, cards, chess, etc... in the evening. A bunch us of decided we're going to drink beer and play Maejong!... or I'll catch up on my sleep. One thing I want to do while away from Dalian is go outside at night and see the stars. I've been in the city my whole time here and the city lights are bright enough to obscure the stars. Of course, the way my luck is running something will come up at work and I'll miss it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I can go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home