Steve's China Blog

Monday, May 16, 2005

Will work for beer

Not too much happened last week. We returned to work after the long holiday and started working in the new office In the evenings I have gotten a little time to explore some of the area around there. There's a college right next door and there are a lot of students that live nearby, so a lot of the businesses are geared toward them. That's nice since the prices are lower, but a lot of the places are real dives too. It kind of reminds me of Morgantown when I was in college.

We're setting up some new work schedules here, so my sleep schedule is going to get another workout. I don't think it will be as bad as when I first started and had to deal with a schedule change, time zone change, jetlag, etc...

Saturday was a normal day of laundry, house cleaning, and playing on the computer. I was thinking of going out Saturday night, but that evening I had a headache, so I stayed home and watched a movie. Good thing I didn't go out, since I got called into work at about 1:00am and didn't get finished until after 7:00am. Now that I think about it, I have not gone out to a bar or pub for a few beers since I've been here.

The chinese language classes are going well. We're still learning Pinyin, but are also learning some things that will come in handy in every day living, such as asking if that white stuff is sugar or salt, asking for the bill,... stuff like that. After Friday's class our instructor took us out to a resturant and we got to practice talking about food. This week we're suppose to go to a pub and talk about beverages, but I have a conference call that evening so I probably won't go. Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of real life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home