Steve's China Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2005

IT in Dalian

We had the PRC Minister of Commerce come to our offices yesterday. The people who work for the office building (cleaning staff, security, etc...) were very busy all day making sure everything looked nice and clean for the minister's visit. He showed up around mid-afternoon and walked through our offices with a entourage that was larger than I would have expected for some bureaucrat. Then the press came next to record the momentous occasion (momentous for the press anyways). Luckily I didn't have to meet the guy, and I hope I wasn't photographed as he went by... I am sure I looked as tired as I felt. I don't usually come into work until around 6:00pm, but we all had be in the office yesterday to impress the minister so I had to get up earlier than usual. Dalian is getting into information technology much more than any other city in China. Here's some info here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home