Steve's China Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Veterans and spies

I usually wear an American flag lapel pin when I go to work on American holidays. This last Tuesday was Veteran's Day, and I wore my pin. No one has ever asked me why before, but someone did this time. It was interesting explaining the concept of the holiday, but I could not explain why some people got the day off work but not all veterans did.

Here's a cool holiday message from Staff Sergeant Dean of the USMC...



I hope you all had a good Veteran's Day!

On Wednesday I went to the movies to see the new James Bond movie. It was pretty good. The theaters at the Wanda Plaza are new, and it was pretty nice. We saw the movie in English with Chinese sub-titles. My friends said that seeing it in Chinese was just not the same. Anyways, the only problem with watching it with Chinese sub-titles is that there are some scenes where they are speaking in Spanish, so I could only guess what they were saying. It was a very nice way to spend the evening.

1 Comments:

  • The real question is how will you explain Thanksgiving and Turkey. Happy Thanksgiving Bud. You should dressin Pilgrim gear and see what they say.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home