Steve's China Blog

Monday, November 10, 2008

Names and cars

On Friday night I went out with two young ladies named Shirley and Ocean. Some people here do pick English names that we would consider strange. At my office we have an Echo, a YoYo, and a Fairy. I've also met a Strawberry before. Anyways, it was an enjoyable evening with Shirley and Ocean, and I did not get home until about 2:00am. On Saturday I played around on the computer, and then went out to dinner with a very cute girl named Kitty.

The A1 Grand Prix has come to ChengDu, and this weekend was full of racing activities. Qualifying runs were held on Saturday and the main race was on Sunday. Shirley and Ocean went on Sunday but I had plans that afternoon, so I did not join them. They thought the race was very exciting and they had a lot of fun. Info about Sunday's race can be found here.

In a previous post I had mentioned that the wall in my apartment was being repaired. The person working on it was suppose to come on Sunday afternoon, but I found out later that he had been hit by a car! Luckily he was not seriously injured... just a few cuts and bruises. I know he wanted to get right to work on it (so he would not lose any income), but I told him that he should take a few days to relax and he could finish it later.

Since no one came over to fix the wall on Sunday I didn't have anything to do, so it was another day of playing on the computer. If I had known that the work on the wall was not going to happen I could have gone to the races. Oh well. I had told Kitty the night before that I could cook western food pretty well, and she was nice enough to came over on Sunday night for dinner. I cooked spaghetti and we watched a DVD. After dinner we went for a walk around my apartment complex and then she had to go home. It wasn't that late, but I'm going to be working an early shift at the office for the next few weeks, so I had a chance to turn in early.

1 Comments:

  • the first paragraph cracked me up!

    Susan Salhab

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home