Steve's China Blog

Friday, September 12, 2008

Singing, sushi, and stuff

Last Saturday I went to a karaoke place with some friends. It was a lot of fun. They did talk me into singing one song, and since no one became sick I'll take that as a good sign. Now we'll see if they ever invite me out to karaoke again.

After karaoke we went to a Japanese restaurant that had all-you-can eat. We had a lot of different dishes, and it was ok. The whole time I was thinking, "I'm eating raw fish in China. Danger! Danger!", but luckily I didn't get sick.

The weather here has started to get cooler and according to the lunar calendar it has been autumn for awhile now. We had a pretty mild summer. We were much better off than Shanghai which had very hot weather this summer. I will have to start wearing long sleeve shirts soon, and will have to unpack the sweaters when I get back from the US.

I went out and visited the US Geological Survey website that keeps track of earthquakes and noticed we are still getting aftershocks here. We had one yesterday afternoon that measured about 4.6 magnitude about 35 miles away, but I never felt it.

Yesterday was September 11th. Did you remember? I know a lot of people wish we would forget. Anyways, check this out when you get a chance... America Attacked 911. It's about 20 minutes long, but when you start watching you want to see the whole thing. Definitely worth watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home