Steve's China Blog

Monday, October 06, 2008

Vacation in the US

I arrived back in ChengDu Sunday night. Let the jet lag begin! Actually, I don't feel too bad, but we'll see how I feel later. Zzzz... huh? Oh! Yeah, have to finish this post.

My first week vacationing in Maryland was filled with lots of eating, shopping, and seeing my parents and some friends. The weather was pretty nice for the most part, but we did get some rain from a hurricane that rolled up the east coast later in the week.

On Saturday I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival with my friends Greg and Les. It was raining off and on all day, but it was still a lot of fun.


The Pyrates Royale play at the White Hart Tavern

That particular weekend was the pirate weekend, so there were a lot of people dressed as pirates, which is always fun to see.


Hanging out with a couple of pirates


Enjoying the company of a lovely pirate girl

On Sunday I watched the Redskins/Cowboys game with my parents. It's been a long time since the Redskins have beaten the Cowboys in Dallas, so it was fun to watch them do that! I also played some Everquest II, since it was a double experience weekend.


My Paladin gets some new fancy armor

My Paladin made level 30 and my Coercer made level 40, so I was pretty happy about that!


Jinxerbell in her new dress

On Monday we drove down to Raleigh to visit my brother Jay and his son Nicky. We even had a Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday since I will be in China during Thanksgiving in November. After dinner we watched Iron Man on DVD, which had gone on sale that day. I had not seen Iron Man before, and it was better than I thought it would be. On Wednesday we drove back to Maryland.


Jay, Nicky, and me

On Thursday my parents and I went down to the new Inner Harbor that is near where they live to go to have dinner. The place we went to had a special seafood dinner and we had lobster, clams, mussels, clam chowder, etc... It was really delicious. The Inner Harbor is really nice. I wish I had taken some pictures of it.

Most of Friday was spent doing laundry and packing for my return trip. On Friday night I took my friends Amy and Greg out to a little Greek/Italian place near my parents' house for dinner. The food there is always good and the atmosphere is really nice and cozy. It was a nice way to spend my last evening before my trip the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home