Steve's China Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Laundry and movies

I have not posted anything in awhile. Not much has been going on. Mostly getting up to speed on the new project. This weekend I am doing a lot of laundry... clothes, towels, sheets, etc. Since my washer/dryer is kind of small it all is taking longer than I thought it would.

The weather last week warmed up a little. All week it was hazy/foggy/smoggy... I am not sure which, but I think it all trapped a little heat for us. We did not have much rain, which seems a little unusual, but it is raining a little today.

I saw this article about some anti-communist films were made in Hollywood during the late 40s through the 50s. I had seen one of them (The Women on Pier 13) late one night when I was in the US. The others I had never even heard of. I looked out on eMule and found Pickup on South Street and Hell and High Water. Some of the others were out there, but not in English. I watched Hell and High Water the other night, and although it was a little goofy sometimes it had some exciting parts. I imagine it was both exciting and a bit scary when it came out in 1954.

I also found a program called TVU which you can use to watch TV shows from all over the world over the internet. That's been kind of fun when I get time to play with it.

Now I need to do some more planning for my winter vacation. I will post about that later when I have more details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home