Steve's China Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nice long day

Earlier this week I was very busy. On Monday I started work at 8:00am and got done at 6:00pm. Then I went out to dinner with a lady I had met during the weekend named Chong Yu, and after dinner I went home and worked for a few more hours. I think I went to bed at around 11:30 or so.

On Tuesday I woke up at 5:30am to play Everquest II with some friends, and we were running around in a dungeon called the Ruins of Varsoon. Lately I have been playing my Swashbuckler in the game and his name is Zharahk. He's sort of like a big sneaky pirate, and he is a lot of fun to play.

I had to logon to work at 9:00am, so I was very happy that we got to kill a monster named Et'sipe Ymeresh before we finished. We killed Et'sipe, but his minions killed us... but not before I looted this from his corpse:



Here's how Zharahk looks wearing it...



... and this is how he looks when it is activated...



Sort of like Curse of the Black Pearl. Hehe!

It was a good way to start the day. I knew it was going to be a long day, and since I knew that I figured it would be a lousy day. Actually, even though it was a very long day it was full of a lot of little good things... my driver brought along his little daughter and a friend of hers on the way to work and they were very funny, got invited to go see the latest Harry Potter movie by some co-workers next week, had a good lunch with some friends, arranged to have a house keeper come over and clean once a week, finished up some things for my project, found a cool website called How to Order Chinese Food Dot Com, and felt like I could understand some of what was discussed in a project meeting I had later that evening. I got home from the office at about midnight and did not have any trouble falling asleep. A nice long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home