Steve's China Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Video testing

Blogger has added the capability to add video content directly to a post now, which is nice since before I had to host the videos on other sites, such as YouTube. I thought I would test this out with a video I created last year. This was filmed when the IBM office in Dalian put on a Sports Day event... a sort of mini-Olympics for the IBM staff, and was edited using Windows Movie Maker.

At the opening ceremony all of the contestants marched around the track and then some young ladies did a dance routine. Here is their dance...



I need to play around with it some more. I would like to see if there's a way to adjust the size and what else I can fiddle with.

You might recognize some of the dancers, since they are all good friends and I have written about them in several past posts.

Looking back through my blog I am surprised I did not post about the Sports Day event. Anyways, it was a lot of fun and had a lot of different sporting events. I won the silver medal in the golf putting competition.

I think we will have enough people to do a Sports Day at the ChengDu office next year. Since we are hoping to hire an additional 700 people by the end of this year it is very possible. Actually, I hope our office does something, like send us to the Olympics next year.

1 Comments:

  • I'm not sure what could be more dangerous than you in China with a video camera, Steve.

    See you on Saturday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home