Steve's China Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Expresszzzz...

When did express mail become an oxymoron? My parents in the US sent me a package via an express mail service, that shall remain nameless (starts with a "F" and ends with an "X"), and thanks to the internet I can track it as it sits in Beijing... for days and days and days...

Dec 13, 2006
8:37 PM Left origin BALTIMORE, MD
Dec 14, 2006

2:54 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
5:22 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
7:55 AM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
8:24 AM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Dec 15, 2006

7:41 PM In transit BEIJING CN Package available for clearance
Dec 18, 2006

1:27 AM Clearance delay BEIJING CN
Dec 19, 2006

10:43 PM Clearance delay BEIJING CN
Dec 20, 2006

7:41 PM Shipment exception BEIJING CN Delay beyond our control

Isn't bureaucracy fun?

4 Comments:

  • Steve I am sure it isnt bureaucracy, but stupidity on FedEx's part. I have a package that shipped on 12/14 and won't arrive until 12/27, because they couldn't find the address. It was sent to my work address that had 4 foot high letters on the front identifying the building and a FedEx drop box as you enter the lobby.

    No wonder why they are in financial trouble. I will be recommending to our corporate office that we no longer use them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 AM  

  • Well after calling FedEx and verifying they would get here the next day I called this morning and they screwed it up again. So like I said..not China.....Fedex. I have since cancelled my corporate account with them. Next time UPS only or not at all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 AM  

  • Strange, FedEx has actually been the only way I've gotten mail in a reasonable time in Dalian. Mostly, though, it's because I make sure people write a cell phone number on the envelope. A regular mail package from California took about a month to arrive, then I had to go downtown to pick it up (the less time I have to spend behind Victory Sq., the better, btw). My two FedEx things have come within a week, and both times I've gotten a call from a delivery guy to arrange a drop-off. I can't really complain.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

  • I sent a Fedex package on 23 Nov 09 from Washington DC area via international economy for delivery to Korea on 30 Nov 09. I have done this before and arrived on time. This time around I am afraid package delivery will be delayed because of Thanksgiving. The package arrived in Anchorage, AK on the the 25th in the morning and as of 28 Nov 09 (evening) package still sits in Anchorage when in the past it took a day at the most for package to continue on its destination from Anchorage. There is nothing wrong with package. I am suspecting that FEDEX closed business in Anchorage for Thanksgiving Holiday and ensuing weekend. Hopefully the package is on its way and the computers are down and the package will be delivered on time. If not I will make a claim as it takes 3 days for package to reach destination once it leaves Anchorage for Korea. It will never be delivered on the 30th as promised if package leaves Anchorage on the Monday 30th Nov (after Holidays)!!

    By Blogger neosammae, at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home