Steve's China Blog

Monday, November 27, 2006

Back from Thanksgiving

I'm back in Dalian now after spending a week in the US for Thanksgiving. One week is not long enough since the flights are so long. The trip to the US was around 20 hours and the trip back to China was about 22 hours. It was great seeing family and friends though! Amy, Greg, and Les came out to have dinner with my parents and I on the evening I arrived (thanks guys!), and I also got to go visit my brother and his family in North Carolina for Thanksgiving day.

It was also great to enjoy some fresh air! About a week or so before I left China I had developed a pretty bad cough, but after a few days back in the US it was mostly gone. I also really enjoyed going outside at night while we were at my brother's place and seeing all of the stars! Dalian is too bright at night and I never get to see the stars much.

I spent most of my time back in the US eating and shopping! It was a great chance to enjoy food that I can't find here in China easily... fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, roast turkey, cranberries, stuffing, green bean casserole, pecan pie, salad with bleu cheese dressing, shrimp cocktail, prime rib, North Carolina pork BBQ, cole slaw, chips with french onion dip, etc... I am surprised I can still fit into my clothes. For shopping I bought some new clothes and new parts for my computer. All of the new stuff just barely fit into my luggage for the trip back.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Bud, Sorry we couldn't meet up again Friday night before you left. I have a great picture of you, me, and Les that I will send to your e mail if you care to post our ugly mugs. Next time we see each other maybe it will be for a wedding --snicker snicker :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 AM  

  • Greg, Got the picture. I also found one of the originals from college. Will try to get it scanned an post tem. Hehe!

    Tony, Hi! How are you doing? How is Coco? Tell her I said, "Hi!". I hope you all are enjoying Toronto!

    Kathy, Glad to hear you are getting to spend more time with family. Living some place different sure is an adventure, huh? ;)

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home