Steve's China Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Back in Dalian

Made it back to Dalian Thursday night after 26 hours on various aircrafts and I am a little bit tired, but not as jet-lagged as I thought I would be. My flight was from Tampa to Chicago, Chicago to Beijing, and Beijing to Dalian. I was hoping to bring some of the Tampa weather with me, but I think I brought the Chicago weather with me instead. Dalian was having pleasant weather until Thursday night, but now it's cold and windy. Sorry, Dalian.

The bad part is that the heat is not turned on yet. Yep, the government controls when the heat is turned off and on in most places here! Can you believe that? The governement has decided that the heat can be turned on in mid-November. I am not sure why they chose that date. I have a small space heater that helps some, but my dekstop computer creates more heat than it does. Hopefully they'll turn the heat on earlier since I heard the heat radiators in my apartment filling up with water this morning.

Last night I went out to dinner with some co-workers to a restaurant I had not been too before. The one nice thing about the colder weather... places start serving hot-pot again! Yummmm!



Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home