Steve's China Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Signs and stuff



This is a little notice that is above the doors on the trams that run here in Dalian. Translating word-for-word from Chinese to English leads to some interesting reading. I always thought I could make a lot of money creating a company here that does nothing but write correct English on signs for companies here... especially with the Olympics coming to Beijing soon.

Nothing really major is going on outside of work the last few days. We're trying to get a lot done before the Mid-Autumn Festival, and before my vacation trip back to the U.S. The only two big events are the opening of the Popeyes near where I live and a change to my work schedule. The Popeyes opened this weekend and is pretty good. I have not been to Popeyes in the U.S. for awhile, so I am not sure what on the menu is different. There are a few little things they need to fix, but it is a nice alternative to McDonalds and KFC when I am in the mood for some western fast-food.

My work schedule changed from 6:30pm until 3:00am to 4:00pm until midnight this week. This new schedule should help in being able to wake up before noon, but by the time I get use to the new sleep schedule I'll be heading back to the U.S., and my sleep schedule will definitely be messed up then.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home