Steve's China Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Party, game, party

Last Friday evening I went to a party at Hooters. The theme was a Hollywood party. The Hooters Girls dressed up in costumes, and at least one guest did (Charlie Chaplin). Here are some pictures...


Hooters Girls (left to right): Cathy, Catherin, Sophie, Cici (ex-Hooters Girl), and Nancy


Me with Hebe dressed as a beauty queen (I think).


Lady Gaga (aka Nicole) and I


Ruby playing around


The long and lovely Fiona

Like the Halloween party they had a limbo contest...


How low can you go?

...and a beer drinking contest...


Whoever invented these stupid hats is probably very rich now.

They also had some singing and dancing. There were also some girls at the party who use to be Hooters Girls but finished college and went out to work in the real world, such as Cici and Sarah. They came to enjoy the party as customers instead of as waitresses. It was great to see them.


Sarah was on the 2009 China Hooters calendar. I sure miss seeing her around Hooters.

The game Everquest II was having an Experience Bonus Weekend so I spent all of Saturday, and most of Sunday, playing my Paladin and my Alchemist some. They both made lots of experience in the game. Here's the latest picture of my Paladin...


Stea in the Pillar of Flames desert.

On Sunday evening I decided to get out of the apartment and go get a pizza at Shamrock. I figure it would be pretty empty on a Sunday and I could enjoy some quiet time, but it turns out there was a group there having a party for some charity. It was pretty funny since the theme of the party is red dress, so a lot of people were wearing red dresses... even some of the guys! You can see info about the event as well as pictures here. (Note: these pictures are from last year, but you get the idea)

The event was put on by a group here called the Chengdu Panda Hash House Harriers, who go out for a run somewhere every two weeks. I've been thinking about joining them, even though I do not run anymore. Some of them walk though, so I can do that. Sounds like a good excuse to get out of the city for a day.

3 Comments:

  • I really think you need to start wearing a bathrobe and smoking a pipe. :-)

    By Anonymous Greg G., at 12:40 PM  

  • ROFL!

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 5:33 PM  

  • Well, he is getting old, and it seems you would be a good candidate to take his place. At least from the Asian Connection.


    PS you coming home for Renn Faire?

    By Anonymous Greg G., at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home