Steve's China Blog

Friday, February 05, 2010

Avatar

Last weekend I went to see the movie Avatar. I had heard from a lot of people that it was a great movie, but I had no idea what it was about. To tell the truth, I was kind of disappointed. The scenery in the movie was very pretty, but it seemed that making the movie in 3D was an afterthought. There were not that many effects that seemed like 3D effects, and I do not think seeing it in 2D would have been that much different.

The most disappointing part of the movie was the story. The Avatar project by itself seemed like an interesting idea, and I wish they had gone into that some more. Unfortunately the story was one of those trite "corporations are evil" stories that Hollywood never seems to tire of. In the movie Avatar it is an evil mining corporation versus some rastafarian cat people who are attuned to nature in some wise and mystical way. What a load of crap.

4 Comments:

  • LOL! I forget why I liked conservatives! Succinctly put my friend. :-)

    By Blogger Luekutus™, at 10:43 AM  

  • You crack me up!! Yes, we are all loving the hope and change here, uh huh uh huh, I'm running down to get my welfare check and food stamps along with my Obama money! (gags) Anyway, how goes it Steve? I've run across your Australian leather hat you bought at a Renfaire a few years ago and thought I'd send it to you parents so you'd have it when you reach the states again. Send me an email with your parents address!

    We've been playing Warhammer of late and having fun although Mike is doubled up on classes so not alot of time for gaming and btw he LOVED Avatar! Ha!

    Mike aka Noonga / Jean aka Tanika / Angela aka QDAT2 / Alexandra aka Pookie Bear

    By Blogger Tamaraine, at 11:42 AM  

  • Hey! It's good to hear from you all! :)

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 7:34 PM  

  • Oh, Jean... can you all send me an email to zharahk@comcast.net please? It looks like the email addresses I have for you all are not up-to-date.

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home