Steve's China Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

NBA, movies, and food

Last week on the way to work we drove by a school in town and there was a big event going on there. We couldn't really see what was going on, but the students were putting on quite a show for someone with basketballs. Browsing around on the internet I discovered this person's blog and it looks like the event was for some NBA players in town...

Mike Gansey China Trip Day 2: Can You Say Rock Stars!

On Saturday I went out with Phyllis. We went to see the movie Alice in Wonderland. It was pretty good. I couldn't even remember the story, since it was so long ago that I read it (or it was read to me), so the story was new to both Phylis and I. The 3D effects were really good, and the story was really good. All the actors did a good job too. I couldn't even tell that Johnny Depp was the Mad Hatter most of the time. After the movie we went to a sushi place for dinner. I don't usually have high expectations for seafood here, but it was really good. It was a really good evening.

Today I was browsing around some local news sites from back in the DC area and found this review of a Chinese restaurant outside of Falls Church, Virginia. The restaurant is called Hong Kong Palace, but the Chinese characters on their sign are for Chengdu...

FOOD: Wok on the Wild Side at Hong Kong Palace

It seems that the chef at the restaurant is from Chengdu and even went to the Sichuan Institute of Higher Cuisine in Chengdu. If you live in the area and are curious about some of the dishes I have mentioned in the past you might want to try this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home