Steve's China Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Long Quan and Luodia

I have not posted in awhile, and I should have posted about this awhile back... A few weeks ago the peach blossoms were blooming and everyone was going out there on the weekends to see them. A friend of mine named Lisa and her cousin took me to a place called Long Quan to see the peach blossoms.


Not many blossoms around

I guess we should have gone a few weeks earlier since there were not many blossoms left.


Lisa and I

After walking around for awhile, and not finding many peach blossoms, we decided to go to a place called Luodai which was nearby. Luodia was an ancient town near Chengdu, and today it is a busy tourist trap.


An introduction to the town of Luodai

There isn't much left of the ancient town, but a few buildings. The recreated a lot of the buildings and stuff, and now the place is full of shops selling junk and lots of snack places.


A beautiful dragon wall

We went to one of the snack places and had a variety of different noodle and tofu snacks.


Mmmm.... Sichuan snacks


Uhhh... no thanks

Not too much else is going on. My brother is coming out to visit in June and I've been trying to arrange that trip. I'll post more about that later.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home