Steve's China Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

On vacation

I'm now on vacation now for two weeks. I'm not going anywhere though. I was looking at a couple of different options and the last one was a short trip to Cambodia and a few days in Hong Kong. When I finally had time to put it all together though the airfare had gone up a lot; so I decided not to bother with the hassle of reserving flights, reserving hotels, reserving the tour, dealing with the bank, etc... and will just spend the holidays here in ChengDu.

This is actually my first Christmas in China. Here it is not really a religious holiday, but more of a holiday for the kids (which the Chinese like to spoil). I talked with a few of my younger co-workers and friends and asked them if their parents were getting them gifts this year. They said they were not getting gifts this year since they are no longer kids, but a lot of them said they were getting gifts for their parents, which is nice.

I don't have a lot of plans for the holiday. Some friends are talking about going out somewhere for Christmas Eve. Another friend wants to come over to my place and cook Christmas dinner for me. Basically I just want to relax. There are some things I am hoping to do, such as practicing my Chinese and practicing Sichuan cooking. I'm also hoping to do some other things too that have been kind of low on my to-do list the last few months, like buying some things for the apartment, doing some DVD shopping, sleep, etc...

4 Comments:

  • Merry Xmas Bud--Amy got me the new popular game Left 4 Dead. Will have to let you know how it plays out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 AM  

  • Hey there! Merry Christmas! Let me know what that's like. When are you going to try out EQ2?

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 9:14 PM  

  • So far --really good--nice and creepy with great graphics. The AI on it is wild. Keeps you on the edge of your seat non stop. BTW you can play as teams or let the game control the other players. Nice thing is the other players don't get in your way. Far as EQ2--not sure that will happen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 AM  

  • I've been trying Silent Hunter 4. Pretty good WWII Pacific theater submarine game.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home