Steve's China Blog

Monday, August 06, 2007

Shamrock and Sabrina's

Friday night I went to an Irish pub here in ChengDu called Shamrock Pub. The Shamrock is a pretty good pub where lots of us foreigners hang out. I am not sure if ChengDu has more western foreigners than Dalian does, but it seems that way since a lot of them come to the Shamrock on Friday nights. There is also something here I did not see much of in Dalian... ladies with blond hair. After being in China so long it is a rare sight for me.

While I was at the Shamrock I ran into some friends, and I also ran into a bunch of florists from Germany. They were taking a tour of China to visit the places where their flowers and plants are grown. Nice boondoggle. The rest of the weekend I was lazy and only did a fraction of the things that I had hoped to accomplish. Oh well, what else are weekends for?

For dinner on Sunday I went to Peter's Tex-Mex Grill and had enchiladas. That was really good and I was thinking about having dessert, but decided to go for a walk instead. While walking down the street I discovered a place called Sabrina's Country Store.

Sabrina's sells food stuff from other countries, and although it looks small from the outside it had a lot of really great stuff! After one trip walking around the store to see what they had I thought to myself, "I am going to be fatter and poorer now that I found this place". Although Metro has a lot more things it is mostly stuff from China and Europe. It seemed most of the things in Sabrina's are from America. I ended up only buying a few things that I have not been able to find anywhere else... corn chips, salsa, brown sugar, A1 sauce, Comet bleach, spices, and some apple strudel Pop Tarts. I'll definitely be going back there soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home