Steve's China Blog

Friday, May 25, 2007

Lack of sleep is fun!

I'm in the middle of another long support week, or as I like to call it... Sleep deprivation experiment number 2. The work is not difficult... it's just hard to concentrate on anything with the lack of sleep. Luckily, I think this is my last support week for this project. I am suppose to start on a new project in June, and after I finish my current project I will be able to move to ChengDu.

Kaoruko is going back to Japan at the end of the month, so I cooked dinner for her and a friend of hers on Saturday. I cooked a penne and sausage dish and side of Italian style green beans. I lucked out and found all of the ingredients on the first trip to Metro (expect for the Italian turkey sausage... but they did have Italian sausage, so I used that). It was the first time I cooked this dish and it turned out great! Kaoruko even had seconds.

On Monday a friend took me to a massage place near where I live for a foot massage. I think I am too ticklish to really enjoy those.

The other night Phyllis sent me a picture of her in a cheongsam... a traditional Chinese dress.



After I went to bed I had a dream about her... and about a spinach and mushroom salad with bleu cheese dressing. I am not sure why I dreamed about the salad.



Mmmm... salad.

If that wasn't strange enough... Everquest II had a big upgrade this week with the rediscovery of an old city (Neriak) and the introduction of a new character race (Arasai). The Arasai are like evil Fae. I think the upgrade was suppose to finish at around 2:00am (China time), and I woke up at 2:30am and created a new Arasai character named Jinxerbell and then went back to bed before having to get up at 5:30am to get ready for work.



I hope I'll have time to play the nasty little bugger some next week... after I get some sleep.

3 Comments:

  • Hey Steve,

    I was searching for Blog written by people working on Dalian, and I found exactly what I searched for.
    I wonder if you could aid me a little.
    I am working in a large IT company, which offers a 1-3 years relocation to Dalian.
    I read all the formal info, but I wanted a first hand testemony...
    Basically about everything.. weather, people, option for trips/vacations, the city itself - every peice of info could be helpfull.
    I have a family of 3 grownup children ages 7-13 - which makes it a bigger chalange I guess.
    Anyhow - until I will get some info I will continue reading your Blogs,

    Thanks!
    Iris

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:10 PM  

  • Iris,

    If I get some time later I'll send you an email with more info. In the meantime I would recommend that you check out the Dalian Xpat website at http://www.dalianxpat.com/. They have a lot of info you will find helpful.

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 10:22 PM  

  • The salad comment leaves you wide open Bud. I wont say anything since others can read this---snicker snicker....the Avatar looks very cool btw

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home