Steve's China Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Back in Dalian

We arrived in Dalian on Friday night and got my parents checked into their hotel. The hotel they are staying at has a German restaurant, so we went there for dinner after they checked in. The food was really good, but the band was too loud. After dinner I went home. My plants were still alive. Yeah!

On Saturday morning I went over to my parents' hotel and we went to Victory Square to do a little shopping. We wandered around and my parents bought a few things, and then we went to a food court in one of the department stores. After lunch we wandered around Victory Square for a little while and then caught a cab over to Peace Square mall to do some shopping there. In the evening we went by where my office is, and we walk about the area around my office a little, and then we went to have some Italian dinner at Cafe Igosso. After dinner we went back to my parents' hotel for an Oktoberfest party that was going on at the German restaurant there. It was kind of goofy, but it was fun.

I had to work on Sunday, but I was working from home all day since I did not have any meetings. I met my parents for lunch at a nice Chinese restaurant near where I live, and after lunch they came over to my apartment to relax and watch a DVD of our company's annual party while I did some stuff for work. I took a break from work in the afternoon, and took my parents over to Xinghai Square and we walked around there for a bit and saw some of the sights. Later that evening we joined my boss, his wife, and my friend Kaoruko, for dinner at a really nice seafood restaurant. We had a lot to eat and some of it seemed a bit exotic (such as live urchins, etc...), but it was all wonderful.

On Monday I had to go into the office for work, and my parents wandered around Dalian doing some more shopping and sightseeing. At the end of the day they came by the office, and I gave them a little tour of the place. From there we went to a western restaurant near where I live that has very good (and expensive) food. Dinner was excellent, and we sat around for a little while drinking wine and chatting about the whole trip. After dinner my parents went back to their hotel and then flew home the next morning.

2 Comments:

  • From Down Under: Did your parents enjoy Dalian? Been there a couple of times visiting my bf, who works at Software Park. Miss the yummy but disgusting stinky beancurd...
    Anyway...just dropping a line to express my delight in finding your post. For some silly reasons this makes me feel nearer to my bf.Ha.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 AM  

  • I was born in Dalian, and now I work in the US. I stayed in Dalina for few days this summer to see my parents. I really enjoy your blog, very insightful. It is happy surprise to see (in US) that someone blog about my home town.
    Thank you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home