Steve's China Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Football season has started

The NFL season has started, and like the previous years I am listening to the Redskins Radio show through NFL Fieldpass over the internet. The Redskins' first pre-season game against the Baltimore Ravens was pretty bad. The Redskins' next two pre-season games against the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New England Patriots seemed much better.

On Tuesday evening I went out to Shamrock for dinner, and they had the usual soccer and rugby games on the TV there. I mentioned to my waiter that I wished I could watch American football, but the stations here never carry that. He told me there was a new sports channel on their cable called ASN (All Sports Network) that showed American football, and sure enough I got to watch the Monday Night Football game between the Baltimore Ravens and the New York Jets. It was even an exciting and fun game to watch!

A replay of the game between the Washington Redskins and the New England Patriots was supposed to be on Saturday night on ASN, so I went to watch that. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the satellite hookup, and they could not get that station that evening. Oh well, I had dinner there and ran into some old friends and made some new friends, so the evening was not a total waste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home