Steve's China Blog

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Contest, hotpot, and shopping

Last Monday when I was at Hooters some of the girls asked me to come back on Friday for something special, so on Friday I went back with some friends and a co-worker. Friday was the one year anniversary of Hooters in Chengdu, and they were having a Miss Hooters contest for the Hooters in Chengdu. The competition started with each girl saying a few things about themselves to everyone in Chinese and in English.


Ariel (left in pink top) from Shanghai Hooters was the MC

After that the girls did some dancing and some even sang a little.


I wish they danced like this in the Hooters in the US

And more dancing.


Getting everyone to sing along

We had dinner there too.


Victoria ordering dinner


Limbo time

Then they went around and introduced themselves to customers and encouraged the customers to vote for them. There were four winners of the Miss Hooters in Chengdu contest. Those four girls will go to the Hooters in Shanghai where they will compete against girls from the Hooters in Shanghai, Beijing, Hangzhou, and maybe Wuhan. The winner of that contest will be Miss Hooters of China, and will go on to compete in Las Vegas against Hooters girls from all over the world.


Nicole and Ruby

On Saturday I woke up and played around on the computer, fixed lunch, and did laundry. In the afternoon Reese and her boyfriend came over for some swimming. In the evening we went to a hotpot place behind my apartment. I had been to this hotpot place before, but they have changed recently. Before they served your regular style of hotpot, but now they specialize in fish hotpot. It was really good.

On Sunday I just lazed about the apartment in the morning. In the afternoon I went to meet my friend Victoria and we went over to do some shopping at Metro. I was really hoping to get some Italian sausage there, but they were all out of that. I did get some Australian beef, some cheeses from Europe, some wine from California and France, and a new mosquito zapper. The plan was to go back to my place and cook dinner, but by the time we got back it was pretty late, so we just went out to dinner at another restaurant near my apartment.

3 Comments:

  • It's getting close to time for us to figure out when we want to go to the Renn Faire. Are you coming this year, Steve?

    By Anonymous Les, at 3:19 AM  

  • Not this year. I am planning to go to Bali this October holiday. You all have a good time!

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 7:04 AM  

  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...why in the world would you want to go to an exotic place that most of us will never get to visit, when you can come to a mud laden beer swilling place filled with wenches?

    By Anonymous Greg, at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home