Steve's China Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A movie and a steak

Last week I took some of my English mentees from work to see the new Harry Potter movie. The week before that I re-read the book. The movie was entertaining and the effects were really good, but there were a lot of changes from the book.

It seemed to me that in the earlier movies they left out things, but did not make many changes to the story. I figured that was due to the fact that the last book had not been published at the time so no one knew how the story would end, but the sixth movie was finished after the last book was published so I do not know why they made the changes that they made.

After watching the new Harry Potter movie I had to read the last book of the series, mostly because I had forgotten what happened in most of it. It will be interesting to see how differently the last movie will be from the book, or if they'll be able to include all the things they left out and/or changed.

This last Monday was my birthday, and for dinner I went to Hooters. I had a nice steak tenderloin and a small chicken caesar salad. They put in a Wii there and I played a little golf on it. I splice as much playing on the Wii as I do in real life. It was a lot of fun, but I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked since I was on call, and had to go to work early the next day.

4 Comments:

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD.....didn'tknow you enjoyed the Wii game. Do you have one?

    By Anonymous Greg, at 9:47 PM  

  • I do not have one. First time I ever played with one.

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 9:57 PM  

  • Happy Birthday!!! Next year I am going to send you a sev-1 birth cake and you have to finish it in 3 mins.Haha~~~ Tony.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

  • Haha! Thanks Tony. I'll look forward to that.

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home