Steve's China Blog

Monday, November 19, 2007

New things

After coming back from the hotsprings I caught a small cold. I discovered they had some chicken noodle soup from the US at Sabrina's Country Store. That was great! I do not think I have ever had soup with chicken in it here in China before.

I started on some new projects a few weeks ago at work. So now I am on the ChengDu Australia/New Zealand team, and last week we had someone from Australia come and give us some training on the projects. I've always worked on US projects, so this is kind of a nice change... especially the smaller time difference. It was a very busy week because of our visitor, but I enjoyed it (even with the cold).

Reese, a friend of mine from work volunteered to help tutor me in Chinese. I really need the help too since I have not studied my Chinese since I have gotten to ChengDu. She came over on Saturday afternoon and we spent over 2 hours reviewing most of my past lessons and notes. After that I took her to out to dinner at the Shamrock Pub. It was a lot of fun! We ate, drank wine, and ended up chatting until very late. I can not remember the last time I had such a nice evening with someone that was so much fun to be with.

Sunday was relaxing. I played some Everquest II, did some laundry, ate a lot, played some more Everquest II, took a long nap, ate a lot more, played more Everquest II, ate a little more, and watched a movie. I should have studied some Chinese, but didn't get around to it. I'll study some tonight, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home