Steve's China Blog

Sunday, July 01, 2007

In ChengDu... finally!

Yesterday was a very busy day... I had to finish doing some cleaning and turn over the keys to my apartment before heading to the airport to catch my flight to ChengDu. The flight wasn't too bad, although the pilot was a bit crazy with the brakes when we touched down in ChengDu.

Someone from a real estate company here picked me up at the airport and gave me a ride to my hotel. After arriving at the hotel I called some friends and we arranged to meet and go out to Peter's Tex-Mex Grill for dinner.



Me and my friends (from left to right) Tony, Cynthia, Kwai Ling, and Justin.

Dinner was really good. We had a mix of several Mexican dishes, and after only eating airplane food all day it was wonderful. We spent a long time talking and catching up on what has been going on, and after dinner we took a walk around the area and also took a little side trip through a part of Sichuan University.

Today I am just going to iron some clothes, relax, and get ready for tomorrow which will be my first day at the ChengDu office. I am also going to look for an apartment tomorrow afternoon, so I think it will be a busy day.

3 Comments:

  • Congratz on the move man. I'm dying to get out and visit Chengdu. If so, up for tex-mex and a beer? You are a man that LOVES his tex-mex (you should consider renaming the blog "Steve's China (Tex Mex) Blog!" ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 AM  

  • That would be good... let me know when you are coming!

    I do not think I'll rename the blog again for awhile. Haha :)

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 11:16 AM  

  • Hey bud.. good to see you made it as well..........can't wait to see your new digs. Renn Faire Renn Faire Renn Faire I hear it calling, Lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home