Steve's China Blog

Monday, January 09, 2006

Back to the grind

Last week was probably the most hectic week I've had since I've been in China. Our team has changed jobs and the support we provide is much different than what we were doing up to this point. If I had not been so relaxed after my trip to Thailand I probably would have resigned. Needless to say I am not too happy with the new work, and I am trying to find a new position here. I figured that it might be a good opportunity to move to another office in China (such as Shanghai), but I think my managers do not want me to leave Dalian.

I was so exhausted at the end of the week that I slept all day Saturday. I had hoped to go skiing on Sunday with some friends, but I decided to be somewhat responsible and stay home to do things that needed to be done that I did not get a chance to during the week, such as grocery shopping, cleaning the apartment, doing laundry, and studying my Chinese.

I have fallen so far behind in my Chinese studies that I am thinking of joining another class that is not as advanced as my current class. It would be a good chance to review all that I have learned and to re-learn what I have already forgotten. I think my Chinese teacher is more upset about me not having enough time to study than I am. During Friday's class she asked me to say a sentence in Chinese about anything, and I told her I was too brain-dead to think of anything to say. Needless to say, she wasn't too happy with that reply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home