Steve's China Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

Short week and John Adams

Not too much going on lately, but work. Luckily, this is a short week since we will be having a holiday on Thursday. We also get Friday off, but have to work on Sunday. A three-day weekend will be nice. I have not decided yet what I am going to do during the holiday weekend. I had thought of flying off some place like Manila or Singapore, but there's a lot of things to see in ChengDu that I haven't seen so I think I'll do that. The weather here is nce too, so that will be good.

I found this mini-series that came out on HBO about John Adams, and have been watching some of that when I have time. I've only seen the first five episodes (of a total of seven), and I think it's really good! I am still kind of curious why they did the series about John Adams. I would think a mini-series about some of the other founding fathers; such as George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, etc... would have been more exciting. Maybe that's the reason they chose John Adams, since his story is as much about the birth of the United States as much as about him. The lives of the others would probably overshadow the story about the birth of the nation. Anyways, it is nice to see something about that period of time, especially since our entertainment industry seems to neglect stories from that time. Maybe if we're lucky they'll do more shows about the American revolution and about the other founding fathers.

2 Comments:

  • It's a great series, and I'd guess the reason they chose Adams is that, apparently, he plaid a bigger part than most of us realize.

    That or TJ's family wanted too much money for the rights to his story. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 PM  

  • "plaid"? I gotta quit drinking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home