Steve's China Blog

Friday, December 23, 2005

It's beginning to look...



... a lot like Christmas! There are Christmas trees and decorations going up all over the place. Too bad the most beautiful of them can only be seen at night when my camera does not work too well. You can find more pictures of Santa than Mao now, and you can hear Christmas songs just about every where you go too. It seems that Christmas is big holiday over here, even though there are not that many Christians and there is absolutely no connection between the state and any church. Why? Because it is a fun holiday and people like fun holidays. You remember fun, don't you? Santa is a great guy who gives gifts to good children, and they love to spoil the children here. Just a happy holiday full of good cheer celebrated by a lot of people who want some enjoyment in their lives. To all of you out there, I wish you good Christmas cheer and a happy New Year! :)

By the way, I am hoping to have internet access while on vacation but if I don't I will post more when I get back from Thailand next year.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home