Steve's China Blog

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Last weekend of spring

This was a busy weekend. On Friday night I went out to eat dinner and meet some friends at the Shamrock Pub. We stayed there for awhile since Shamrock had some free drinks for the ladies from 10:00pm to 1:00am. I spent the evening there with three different groups of people and it was a lot of fun. Sometime after midnight, my friend Catherine took me to a bar called Paname that I had never been to. It was kind of small, loud, and crowded. It was still fun, especially with such lovely company as Catherine.

I got home from Paname at about 3:00am and then at about 8:30am I was awoken by some loud hammering going on in the apartment above mine. I laid there listening to that noise for awhile and the dragged myself out of bed to get started with the day. I did some laundry and played some Everquest II, and when things quieted down upstairs I took a much needed nap after lunch. In the afternoon Reese came over to help me with my Chinese, and after that we went downtown and met up with her mother and sister and we went to a place for dinner. We went to a Chongqing-style hotpot restaurant, and it must have been the loudest restaurant I had ever been to. It was very crowded and everyone was yelling and having fun. The food was really great too.

After dinner I took Reese to a party over in Flower Town. This was the same place as the party I went to the weekend before the earthquake. It was a lot of fun, and I got to see a bunch of people I saw at the previous party and also got to meet some new people. I am not sure if it was the first time Reese had been to a party with so many foreigners about or not, but she seemed to have had a great time. At about 11:00pm we decided it was time to go. Reese, another girl named Victoria, and I went out and found a taxi that would take us all home. It was a pretty nice day considering the lack of sleep I had the night before.

On Sunday I spent the morning playing some more on the computer and doing a little cleaning up around the apartment. In the afternoon I went and met Victoria to do some shopping at Carrefour, and after that we went back to my place for dinner. I didn't really have any particular recipe in mind to cook, and ended up making a variation of the Skillet Penne and Sausage Supper recipe that I had made before. We also had bought some vegetables and Italian dressing at Carrefour and made a salad. The meal turned out ok, but it was not the best thing I've ever cooked. We watched some of a DVD while we ate and then Victoria had to go home early, since she had to get up early to go to work on Monday.

On Monday I had dinner with a very lovely lady named Misha. We went to Peter's Tex-Mex since she had never had Mexican food before. It was an interesting date, since Misha had learned English a long time ago, but had forgotten most of what she had learned because she is now learning Japanese. Spending time with me is bringing back her knowledge of English rather quickly. I wish we could have stayed out longer, but I had to go back to the office for a late meeting.


Post a Comment

<< Home