Steve's China Blog

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Testing. Testing. Is this thing on?

I haven't posted much in awhile. I've been pretty busy wrapping up my project, and studying for a DB2 certification exam for work. Of course, the exam got cancelled on the day I was suppose to take it. We're having some network problems because of some new distribution of bandwidth plan that China Telecom came up with, and no one at the office could access the test website.

I mentioned wrapping up my project for work, and my time on it will be finished at the end of this month. I am hoping to start on a new project in Chengdu, but since we have a lot of projects all over the place I am not sure where I will be living a month from now. There's a possibility I might be on a project in Shenzhen. There are projects in India and the Philippines too. Of course, I would prefer to stay in Chengdu, but who knows? Maybe I can take a year of unpaid leave and study Chinese full time.

Other than all that there is not much going on right now. This weekend is a 3-day weekend since Monday is the Dragon Boat Festival holiday here in China. I'm not sure if I will go to see any dragon boat races, and may just spend the weekend relaxing and not reading any technical manuals. Ok. maybe I'll read a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home